The TinyFPGA A1 board is a bare-bones breakout board for the XO2-256 FPGA.
- Tiny, just 1.2 by 0.7 inches
- Low power 3.3 volt operation
- 18 user IOs (21 with JTAGEN)
- 256 4-input look-up tables
- 2 kilobits distributed RAM
- 1 SPI Hard-IP
- 2 I2C Hard-IPs
- Built-in flash configuration memory programmable via JTAG
See the TinyFPGA A-Series User Guide for all the information you need to get your FPGA project up and running. If you are new to FPGAs and want to learn more, follow The Hobbyist's Guide to FPGAs on Hackaday.io.
To program the TinyFPGA A1 board you need a JTAG programmer. You can use a Lattice-compatible USB-JTAG programmer, or you can buy the dedicated TinyFPGA Programmer specifically designed for the A-series boards. It is the most cost-effective and convenient programmer for these boards.